16 May 2012

Small room makeover Part 1

Hello everyone 
So the other day I thought I need to do something to keep myself busy, and because I always hate something in my room I decided that I will make a small makeover. Actually I didn't have the makeover idea first but last. First I thought I want a bed headboard and I still have no idea where that idea came from but it was a good idea at the end, then my mom said that if I have the headbard it probably should be in the middle of the wall but it wouldn't work because of my wardrobe door so there came another idea, remove the door and put curtains instead but then.. what colour should they be? My carpet is brown so I thought "brown that's it~" and I chose like dark chocolate brown I would say, then there came another idea to paint the wall where my bed will be same colour as the curtains, luckily my dad found the exact colour that I wanted for only £10. The next day on Sunday my parents were going huge car boot sell so I went with them and there I found this epic Victorian side table. Sadly we didn't find the blanket that I wanted so we will try next Sunday. When I got everything I need I had few more ideas, to make as many things as I can have the same colour, so because I had a lot of paint other than just wall I've painted: mirror frame, 2 shelves,  message board, bed's legs and two damask patterns on the wall where I have TV. Here is a list of roughly how much the makeover costed me and my parents:

2.5L Brown Paint £10
2x 3m long curtain £30 each (the most expensive thing out of all)
Wall clock £4
Victorian side table £8 (it's one of the old ones which are probably worth £80) 
The long tube thing for curtain about £9 with all the holding stuff

So overall the makeover costed us £91 which isn't too bad, I only had £25 pounds so I gave it to my parents so they didn't pay the whole £91 but £66 instead. I still need 3 white Victorian/Vintage photo frames which will cost me £14.97 (for 3 not 1) and that's the cheapest I could find !

In the next post I will include photos of before and after room makeover. 

Bye Everyone 

No comments:

Post a Comment